The Butler McIntyre & Butler Family and Relationship Law team has recently been joined by Sophie Dalwood. Sophie was admitted to legal practice in 2019. Sophie joins Anna Grant, Zoey Dwyer and Courtney Shaw and together they are a strong and experienced team. The team is supported by graduate lawyer Jessica Miller and experienced support staff, Melissa and Marie.
The team strives to provide timely and practical advice to achieve the best outcome for their clients and families. Our Family and Relationship Law team are able to provide clients with sound and practical advice on all matters effecting clients contemplating separation, including:
- Children’s matters such as care arrangements, who the child may live with, and how much time the child may spend with the other parent or significant others (including grandparents). The family and relationship law team have experience in applications before the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia dealing with relocation, recovery including Hague conventions, parentage testing, surrogacy and adoption.
- Property matters – the distribution of property acquired during a relationship whether it be a marriage, de facto or same-sex relationship, advice in respect to the effect of separation on company assets, Trusts, and ownership arrangements involving third parties.
- Financial agreements in respect of both de facto relationships and marriage and also financial agreements in respect of couples contemplating a de facto relationship or marriage, or during a de facto relationship or marriage and following separation.
- Spousal Maintenance.
- Child support including Binding and Limited Child Support Agreements.
- Matters in the child welfare jurisdiction.
In addition, Anna, Sophie and Zoey have significant experience in mediation and negotiation and are proficient in achieving an outcome that meets the needs of their clients and their families.
Unfortunately, parties experiencing separation have or are often experiencing family violence and trauma. Our Family and Relationship Law team adopt a trauma informed practice in an effort to minimise the impact of negotiations and outgoing Court proceedings on clients.
Sophie regularly appears in the Magistrates Court and has extensive experience in Family Violence and Restraint Order matters.
Courtney, Jessica, Sophie and Zoey are available to undertake work funded by Tasmanian Legal Aid.
The Family and Relationship Law team are committed to keeping themselves up to date on changes not only in Family and Relationship Law but other areas of the legal system that may impact upon clients who are contemplating or experiencing separation.
The Family and Relationship Law team pride themselves on being approachable, available, and ready to support you and your family in this emotionally charged and challenging time