The industrial landscape can be a minefield for employers and employees alike. Butler McIntyre & Butler’s Employment and Industrial Relations team, led by Alison Wells, is experienced in all aspects of employment and industrial relations and is proficient in providing advice to both employers and employees in respect of:
- Making or defending claims of unfair dismissal, adverse action or unlawful termination;
- Claims of breach of contract, including matters concerning intellectual property, restraints of trade and confidential information;
- Complaints of discrimination, including harassment and bullying;
- Preparing, negotiating and advising entitlements under contracts and instruments of employment, including executive contracts, other common law contracts and enterprise agreements;
- Advising entitlements under Awards;
- Human resource policies including performance management and disciplinary processes;
- Responding to Fair Work Ombudsman investigations;
- Workplace Health and Safety;
- Workers compensation.
Alison strives to provide strategic and practical advice to clients to ensure that they achieve cost effective solutions to their Employment & Industrial Law issues. With a strong background in both mediation and advocacy, Alison and the Employment & Industrial Relations team aims to ensure a commercial and practical resolution.