Alison acts for a wide range of clients primarily in the areas of:
- Commercial and civil litigation including mortgage enforcement; and
- Employment and industrial relations law.
Alison provides strategic and practical advice on a range of employment and industrial law issues, including:
- performance and separation management;
- post-employment restraints of trade;
- industrial instruments;
- employment contracts and policies; and
- bullying, discrimination and equal opportunity.
Alison has represented clients in various Courts and Tribunals including the Federal Court, the Federal Circuit Court (formerly the Federal Magistrates Court), the Tasmanian Supreme and Magistrates Courts, the Fair Work Commission and the Tasmanian Industrial Commission, Anti-Discrimination Tribunal and Guardianship and Administration Board.
Alison is a member of the Law Society of Tasmania’s Employment & Equal Opportunity Committee and the Industrial Relations Society of Tasmania.
Graduating from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in 2006, Alison began her legal career in the litigation division of a large commercial law firm in Sydney before moving to a boutique firm specialising in employment law. Alison moved to Hobart and joined Butler McIntyre & Butler in 2007. Alison joined the partnership in 2016.