Maree was admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Tasmania and the High Court of Australia in 1996.
Since then she has had experience practicing in a number of areas of law and is now specialising in all areas of Family Law, particularly matters involving:
- Children – including appearing as a Child Representative in child protection matters in the Magistrates Court of Tasmania;
- Property division.
Maree is a member of:
- The Law Society of Tasmania.
- The Law Council of Australia Family Law Section.
- Tasmanian Women Lawyers as a lifetime member and a past committee member.
- The Family Law Practitioners Association and has been a committee member in past years.
- The Hobart Community Legal Service as a volunteer.
- B.A. University of Tasmania (Psychology and English)
- Bachelor of Laws University of Tasmania