Simon graduated from the University of Tasmania in 1992, with a Bachelor of Laws. He was admitted to practice in 1993, and joined Butler, McIntyre & Butler in 1998. Simon became an Associate of the firm shortly thereafter and has been a partner of the firm since 1 July 2004. Simon has practiced exclusively in Tasmania since graduation and has kept abreast of legislative changes by updating the firm’s precedent system.
Simon practices as a commercial lawyer providing a full range of services to both Corporate and Individual clients. Some of Simon’s areas of expertise include;
- All aspects of Property law transactions;
- Advising Corporations and Directors of corporations on compliance with the provisions of the Act;
- Subdivision and stratum title developments;
- Leasing and licensing of property on behalf of landlords and tenants, including compliance with the provisions of the Retail Tenancies Code;
- Preparation of mortgages and the completing of loan documents;
- Insolvency and bankruptcy work;
- Banking law;
- Duty Law; and
- Business acquisitions and disposals.
Outside of work Simon plays Rugby with the University’s Rugby team and has done so for the last 25 years. Simon has served as a Board member of the Tasmanian Rugby Union and was its Chairman for 5 years.